Monday 14 September 2009

Random Poetry?

It's not random at all. But I feel like posting a bit of poetry, and so I shall.

Pop Culture Love

Love: having the time of your life.
A movie told me so
And movies never lie.
You: more fun than a monkey-filled barrel,
Than dancing in the rain,
Or singing Christmas carols.

Love: compromise, that's not;
When you're happy doing what you should
To keep the thing you've got.
Me: a little bit reformed, remade.
The only boy I chase is you;
A light to foil my shade.

Love: making a whole, from 2 parts.
You, completing me;
Where do I start?
We: almost, less like 2; more 1.
And as the poets say,
We've only just begun.

It's been a sappy couple of days, and it may continue... we're gearing up for the holidays, the end of the year, now. I'd rather the year finished on a happier note, than not.

And I have so much love, sometimes, it just has to come bursting out of me. I don't mean love for any one person, although I do like to focus on one, for the purposes of blog entries and poems and the like; but primarily, the love that I feel is just the overwhelming love that I have for all of you, for everyone I love, for all my family members and friends (the two terms are not mutually exclusive by any means--they say friends are the family you choose for yourself, but if I'd had a choice, I'd have the same family I've got now, thanks, and they *are* my friends).

And, in keeping with the saying I've just quoted, my friends are as good as family.

I wouldn't trade any of you for anyone else's friends.

I love you, plural.

And I love *you*, singular. You know who you are.

No comments: