Tuesday 21 July 2009

I Know This Guy;

No, actually, I don't. I don't know him at all.

But it's recently come to my attention that there's a certain type of person, who thinks that anyone with a blog, is a certain type of person.

I don't know the guy who made this statement. Therefore, he doesn't know me. He's not intimately aware of any of the relevant facets of my psyche. He's not close enough to perceive the innermost secrets of my soul. He's only sensible of my existence in the most peripheral fashion. He has no right to make judgments based on *one piece* of information about me. He doesn't know me AT ALL.

Now, if he were to read my blog, he would know me; and he'd see that I'm exactly the type of person who has a blog.

I am the type of person who thinks they have something to say. Who thinks other people want to hear it. Who talks a fair bit of bullshit (in a creative-outlet-I'm-just-getting-it-off-my-chest sort of way) all things being taken into account. If he were to read my blog, the gentleman in question would no doubt feel a surge of the most satisfying personal gratification, because, indeed, he is absolutely right.

At the same time, so am I.

2 comments:

He Who Fails At Everything said...

Confucious say... "wtf?" :)

Anonymous said...

Fuck Confucious, the entire world is saying WTF lol That's some real I've got something to say but I'm not actually going to say it shit lol