Friday 27 November 2009

Baby Journals

I have journals, perhaps obviously, for my babies. My youngest's has broken (dodgy notebook) and my eldest's is nearly full (it's only taken me 3 years) so I'm off this weekend to buy new.

I feel a bit guilty, really. Since starting this blog, I've written less in the Baby Journals than I used to. Mind, a lot of other things have been happening as well... it's been a busy year or so.

Sorry, Bunnyman. You came into our lives at a hectic time, and you have not had the full benefit of my attention, in the way that I would have liked. And sorry, Snunkie Bear. Your brother arrived at a time which was potentially inconvenient to your plans (various assessments, the start of nursery, etc) and you have felt the lack of my attention, as well.

These things (life, baby-raising, relationships, everything, etc) never go as planned. Still, all is well. I love both of you so much, and I wouldn't trade either of you for anything in the world. I will continue to tell you so in your journals, and I will continue trying to write more for you, so you will always know it.

Whatever else I am--and I am many things, not all of them good--I am a mother who is absolutely in love with her children.

No comments: